My name is Juliette Wileman (0875), and this is my A2 Media Studies Coursework blog. I am working in Group 3 along with Audrey King Lassman (0397), Brandon Poonwasie (0660), and Chrystal Li (0470).
To navigate around my blog, use the labels on the left side, below the Labels heading.
Thank you!

Website

Album Art Digipack

Album Art Digipack

Music Video

Monday 14 July 2014

Evaluation - 1) Did You Enjoy The Workshop Day? What Were Your Best Bits And Why?

I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop day, as it was a lot of fun to work on the set of the shoot, as well as see how the crew worked together. Dom worked well with everyone and created a relaxed atmosphere, so the shoot went much more smoothly and helped everyone to be less nervous so they performed at their best. I also enjoyed seeing how the make-up department worked, and what was required for the best outcome on camera. It was also interesting to help making the set, as I learnt how to use what was available to overcome any problems and make the set look as true to the original as possible.
For example, this is the recreation of the poolside scene, which I think we replicated quite well, and our set was close to the set from the actual video:

The best bit for me was helping out on set - for example doing the clapper board, or helping add markers for performers (as shown in the image above). It was interesting to get to be a part of the production that wasn't performance. It was also fun to see everyone in costume and performing.



It was also good to have the footage on a larger screen, so we could see each other perform and encourage the actors, as well as ensuring that any problems could be quickly seen and fixed, as more than one person was watching the footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment