My name is Juliette Wileman (0875), and this is my A2 Media Studies Coursework blog. I am working in Group 3 along with Audrey King Lassman (0397), Brandon Poonwasie (0660), and Chrystal Li (0470).
To navigate around my blog, use the labels on the left side, below the Labels heading.
Thank you!

Website

Album Art Digipack

Album Art Digipack

Music Video

Sunday 13 July 2014

Evaluation - 2) What Have You Learnt From Participating In Each Of The Prelim Tasks?

Audition: From the audition part of the prelim I have learnt how to lip sync convincingly and confidently to a song; this skill was then transferred to the actual shoot day, as my part required lip syncing. I also learnt how to edit a lip sync to music.


Learning And Practicing My Performance: On the workshops days, I learnt how to enunciate my words so they were more visible on camera, as well as how to act specifically as my character, which meant my performance on the day was hopefully much better.

Costume: When organising my costume, I learnt that it is essential to get a costume that the actor can feel confident in, as this will ensure they will give their best performance as they are more comfortable on set. I also found that it is useful to get more than one option for costumes so there are more options to pick from, so the actor can look the best that they can for the shoot. For our shoot, we all brought in costumes for both ourselves and others, to ensure we got costumes that were close to the original costumes.



Shoot: During the shoot I learnt a lot; firstly I learnt about how a crew works together to be efficient during the shoot. I also learnt that time keeping is essential - for example we finished with time to spare at the end of the shoot as we kept to schedule and moved shots around where appropriate.
I also learnt that sometimes there are long periods of time during shoots where some actors are left waiting, whilst others are on set constantly; however, during this time I got to watch others perform and watch the playback, as well as see how the crew worked together.

Editing: When editing, I learnt how to sync the music with the lip syncing in the shots properly, as well as improved my grading skills, such as colour correction and procamp.

These are the settings I used for the yellow scenes of Kayvon - I had to make the shots more blue to balance out his skin tone into a more natural looking colour.
 I also learnt how to add in camera flashes to the shots using brightness and contrast, and key frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment