My name is Juliette Wileman (0875), and this is my A2 Media Studies Coursework blog. I am working in Group 3 along with Audrey King Lassman (0397), Brandon Poonwasie (0660), and Chrystal Li (0470).
To navigate around my blog, use the labels on the left side, below the Labels heading.
Thank you!

Website

Album Art Digipack

Album Art Digipack

Music Video

Thursday 4 September 2014

Initial Research, Influences And Ideas - Myself As A Consumer

I tend to listen to music in the morning when I get ready for and walk to school, and when I am at home in the evening, such as when doing my homework, either using my I-pod or my computer. I also attend the gigs of certain artists that I like more, as I think the atmosphere of a live performance enhances the consumption of the music.
I like to share my favourite songs with friends and family, and also like to hear theirs, as it can expand my music collection, and I get to show them what I like as well. I also like to show friends and family songs that I find that may remind me of them, or I think they would enjoy. However, I also like to have music to myself, as something that I can turn to when I feel like being alone or just having some time separate from others.
I enjoy listening to music for a variety of reasons - sometimes I like the melody of the song, or I like it as background noise for when I'm doing another task. In other instances, I may like the message of the lyrics, or relate to the lyrics in some way. I also think music can help to cheer people up, or help them through a difficult time, as some lyrics may reflect something that they may be struggling with, or it may help to make a person happier. I also think music is a good means of escapism, as it can distract you from the outside world (such as if you listen to it using headphones), or it can tell a story or send a message.

A Song From My Childhood - Earl Grant 'House Of Bamboo'


This song reminds me of my childhood, as my sister and I used to listen to it on the vinyl player in the living room for hours. My main influence on my music consumption was my dad, as he used to play us reggae, funk and jazz frequently.

A Song From My Early Teenage Years - Gorillaz 'Dare'


The Gorillaz album 'Demon Days' was the first album my sister and I got that introduced us to more alternative music, and Gorillaz was one of the first bands I saw live. I listened to this album constantly, and this song was my favourite.

A Song That Means Something To Me Now - Passenger 'Heart's On Fire'


This song means something to me now, as Passenger was the first artist that I found that led to me finding more alternative, indie and folk music. This song is also my favourite by him, and is similar to other songs that I listen to, although I also listen to much more upbeat music too. I'm not really influenced by anyone in terms of my musical consumption now, as I tend to just listen to what I like, regardless of what others may think of my music taste. However, I do take the opinions and suggestions of friends and family into account, and can happily listen to most genres of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment